Most homeowners have no idea what goes on inside of their home’s heating and cooling system air ducts. But the fact is, they can become littered with years of accumulated dirt, debris, mold and other allergens like pollen, dust and pet dander.
Duct cleaning is a critical aspect of home maintenance. Dirty ductwork can make your family sick. Dirty ductwork restricts air flow, causing higher energy bills, heating & cooling equipment failures, and dirty ductwork drastically shortens the life expectancy of your homes heating & cooling system.
Even the cleanest homes are often reservoirs for common allergens such as dust mites, mold, pet dander, and residue from mice or cockroaches. (Courtesy Mayo Clinic) An estimated 40-45 million Americans (15-20% of the population) have some type of allergy and, in most people, these allergies first appear during infancy or childhood. It is not surprising, then, that allergic disorders rank first among children’s chronic diseases.
We use state of the art HEPA based source removal equipment to capture and remove the dirt, mold, and other contaminates that are in your homes duct system. Every time your home heating & cooling system turns on, these contaminates spew forth from every vent. The cleanliness of your homes ductwork has an immediate, direct effect on every single breath your family takes inside your home.
50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by, polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
Levels of air pollution inside the home can be two to five times higher, and occasionally 100 times higher, than outdoor levels. (Environmental Protection Agency)
One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. (Health Magazine)
Several medical studies using germicidal ultraviolet air disinfection have proven effective in reducing the spread of tuberculosis, measles, influenza, smallpox, and controlling infection in operating rooms.
You might ask yourself how often should your ductwork be cleaned? At least every 5 years, recommended every year.
Why you should clean your carpet all year roundBecause the weather condition warms and people head outdoors, it is important that custodial departments don’t lose view of what needs to be accomplished indoors. There are many reasons why carpets should not be overlooked. Doug Berjer product manager for CFR, manufacturers of recycling portable carpet extractors, provides these top ten reasons to have carpets cleaned year round. Properly cleaning and maintaining carpets:
- Prolongs the life of carpeting. Regular carpet cleaning using the extraction method can enhance the life of carpets significantly, protecting your floor-covering investment.
- Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants; however, eventually those pollutants must be removed in order to protect the carpet and maintain indoor air quality.
- Helps make carpets much easier to maintain. A lot of carpet soiling is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept completely cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be taken out with regular vacuuming.
- Eliminates spots and stains. As with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soiling. Extracting them promptly protects carpeting from damage.
- Avoids buildup of allergens and bacteria. Moist soiling of carpets can result in the accumulation of multiple unhealthy contaminants.
- Improves the appearance of any space. Clean, well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall hygiene of a home or facility.
- Improves worker morale. Workers feel better about their work environment when it is well-maintained. This includes the carpeting.
- Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
- Removes dust mites and insects that may have found a home in carpets.
- Maintains the carpet’s manufacturer’s warranty. The majority of carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method within a particular amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months.
They cleaned our carpet on March 24th. They arrived on time (early actually) and we were very pleased with the job they did on our carpets, and the cost was very reasonable.
EXCELLENT SERVICE! The owners of this company take a lot of pride in making sure the results are very good. We used them for our whole house and we had a lot of pet smell issues that had accumulated over the last 15 years. We didn't have the funds to buy new carpet so we thought we would try them. They were able to get the pet smell out and they even were able to get oil paint from my 2 year old out of an upstairs bedroom carpet. Would use again.